HTC Specialist Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions")
- HTC Corporation ("HTC") of No 23 Xinghua Rd., Taoyuan City, Taoyuan County 330, Taiwan, is the organiser of the HTC Specialist Training Programme ("HTC Specialist Training Programme"), a trade communication platform The HTC Specialist Training Programme is solely for use by employees of retailers authorised to sell HTC's Products and employees of HTC and its affiliate companies.
- You must be an employee of HTC or one of its affiliate companies or an employee of a retailer authorized to sell HTC products to be allowed access to the HTC Specialist Training Programme
- By joining the HTC Specialist Training Programme, participants agree to these Terms and Conditions governing the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- You are only allowed lawful access to the HTC Specialist website of the country you live in.
- Violations of these Terms and Conditions by you may lead to inactivation of your HTC Specialist account In addition your HTC ambassador may be notified.
- A user account is only valid for one specific user Unless otherwise specified, no person may open more than one account at the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- Points that are gained in the HTC Specialist Training Programme can be exchanged for prizes
- Prizes are country-specific You can only exchange points for the prizes that are offered on the HTC Specialist Training Programme website of the country you live in
- Exchanging points for prizes that are offered in other countries than the one you live in, is not possible.
- In case a violation of these Terms and Conditions is detected or suspected, it is solely up to the management of HTC to decide which response is appropriate.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be binding on you when joining the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all HTC Specialist Training Programme participants and may be amended without notice from time to time Special terms and conditions may apply to particular sections of the HTC Specialist Training Programme, in which case an addendum to these Terms and Conditions shall be made.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- By participating participants shall be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and be bound by them.
- You may not enter the HTC Specialist Training Programme if, on the date it is announced, you do not conform to the required profile of participant as outlined in clause 2 above
- Unless otherwise stated you must be at least 18 years old, and if requested to do so, provide proof of your age.
- To provide the following personal details to HTC to participate in the HTC Specialist Training Programme: Your name, your e-mail address, if legally permissible in your country, your payslip to show the following details only: 1) the company you work for, 2) your company employee identification number and 3) the actual company retail store you work in , and your mobile phone number (“Personal Information”).
To allow HTC to use your Personal Information solely in relation to the verification of your participation in the HTC Specialist Training Programme and to your participation in the HTC Specialist Training Programme. HTC shall use your Personal Information in compliance with all applicable Data Protection Laws.
That as part of the HTC Specialist Training Programme offered to you by HTC, the Personal Information you provide to HTC may be used by HTC approved third party subcontractors ("TPS") solely for the purposes described in this clause. Your Personal Information may be transferred to TPS who are located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
That HTC may also share your Personal Information between its group companies, some of whom are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If HTC transfers your Personal Information outside of the EEA in this way, HTC shall take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- All decisions made on or on behalf of the HTC Specialist Programme shall be final and binding No discussion or correspondence shall be entered into by HTC concerning any decisions made by HTC under the HTC Specialist Programme.
- All entries, answers or materials must be received by the HTC Specialist Programme by the closing date specified on the site No responsibility shall be taken by HTC for any entries, answers or material that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
- You agree to co-operate and comply with all reasonable requests of HTC and its agents and employees in connection with the training provided under the HTC Specialist Programme.
- Any conduct or behaviour by you that HTC considers to pose a violation of these Terms and Conditions, may lead to the deactiviation of your HTC Specialist account and notification to your HTC ambassador
- All activities for the HTC Specialist Training Programme are undertaken at your own risk You must notify HTC of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for participation as soon as you become aware of such a condition HTC reserves the right to forfeit your prize(s) (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury, or to the cancellation, disruption or curtailment of the contest under the HTC Specialist Programme
- All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and HTC excludes all warranties in connection with any prize HTC is not liable for any costs relating to the collection of prizes or any add-on required i.e travel, accommodation, etc.
- Where a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize
- Prizes are not transferable, and must (where applicable) be used on the dates specified and may not be redeemed for cash
- If a specified prize becomes unavailable, HTC may substitute a replacement prize at its absolute discretion In such an instance, HTC shall endeavour to ensure the substitute prize is of equal or greater value to the original prize Please allow 28 days for the delivery all prizes.
- HTC, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner(s) shall be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider HTC shall have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any third parties arising from or related to the HTC Specialist Training Programme.
- HTC reserves the absolute right to disqualify any participant which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
- You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit HTC to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred under the HTC Specialist Training Programme without HTC's advance written acceptance of the same.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as the result of a prize being awarded or received.
- Fraudulent, illegible or incorrect participation shall not be accepted by HTC.
- The decision of HTC's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All entries become the property of HTC and shall not be returned to the participant.
- You undertake not to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public to anyone at any time any information relating to the HTC Specialist Training Programme, HTC,its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers.
- HTC is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes under the HTC Specialist Training Programme, other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any)
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude HTC's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- HTC shall not be liable for any failure or breach under these Terms and Conditions if such failure or breach has been caused by reason of Force Majeure which shall mean circumstances beyond the reasonable control of HTC including illness, death or resignation of personnel, acts of government, acts of God, war, terrorist activity or industrial action HTC shall take all reasonable steps necessary to mitigate the effect of Force Majeure In the event that an event of Force Majeure continues for a continuous period of 5 days or more, HTC shall be entitled to terminate the Terms and Conditions by written notice to the participant
- The validity, construction and performance of the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law Any dispute arising under or in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which the Parties to these Terms and Conditions hereby submit save that HTC may in its discretion seek to enforce any right or remedy against the participant directly through the courts of any other competent jurisdiction by reason of the domicile or place of business of the participant.
Addendum ("Addendum") to the Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") for the HTC Sense Story Activity ("HTC Sense Story Activity")
- Subject to clause 12 of the Terms and Conditions this Addendum is an Addendum to the Terms and Conditions in relation to the use by HTC of the Retail Sales Person's ("RSP) HTC Sense Story ("HTC Sense Story") under the HTC Sense Story Activity
- The following new clause wording shall be added to the Terms and Conditions and shall be known as clause 17a. "You consent to allow HTC to use your HTC Sense Story under the HTC Sense Story Activity in all its marketing activities including but not limited to its Above the Line and Below the Line marketing activities HTC may use in relation to HTC Sense. Use of your HTC Sense Story under the HTC Sense Story Activity in the marketing activities mentioned in the previous sentence may include use of your Personal Information specifically your name."
- The following new clause shall be added to the Terms and Conditions and shall be known as clause 40. "In the Terms and Conditions, where applicable, references to the singular shall include the plural and references to the plural shall include the singular."
- With the exception of items explicitly delineated in this Addendum the Terms and Conditions shall remain unchanged and in full force and effect.
- In the event of any anomaly or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Addendum and the Terms and Conditions this Addendum shall supercede and govern over the Terms and Conditions.